This is just a simple recipe. Can you tell that I actually don’t want to waste anything that comes from inside the delicious pineapple? I also recommend buying two pineapples—they’re not that expensive right now. I can get them for $7 each from WholePayCheck, so anywhere else would be even cheaper!
To make the Valentines dinner set, you can even juice the pineapple to make drinks. Okay, the whole truth is, last time the panna cotta that I made while making fried rice turned out to be a disaster. The pineapple jelly didn’t set! Hahaha so I had to make it again. I had to increase the portion of the gelatin powder 2.5 times more than last time. OMG, who would have thought that the jelly with fruit would take this much gelatin?
Feel free to add alcohol, rum, or other fruits. Same as the pineapple fried rice, you add what you like to eat in the ingredients. Totally free style–after all, you are the one eating it.
Ingredients for the pineapple jelly
Pineapple, chopped up with juice, in total about 1 cup (You could use the pineapple bits and pieces that you scooped out to make the pineapple bowl for the fried rice)
Sugar 2-3 tablespoons (depends on how sweet your pineapple is. I only used two for mine)
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Gelatin powder 2 1/2 teaspoons (bloom in 1/2 cup of water)
Ingredients for coconut jelly
Coconut cream 1/2 cup
Whole milk 1/2 cup
Sugar 3 tablespoons
Salt 1/4 teaspoons
Gelatin powder 1 teaspoon (bloom in 1/4 cup of water)
1) Put coconut cream, milk, sugar and salt in a pot, set it over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then add the bloomed gelatin, stir again until they’re all dissolved and become smooth. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
2) Put pineapple pieces and juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and salt in another pot, set it over medium heat, stir until the sugar dissolve, add the bloomed gelatin, stir again until they’re all dissolve. Taste to see if it is sweet enough. If it’s not, add more sugar. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
3) Pour the coconut jelly in the mould and chill until it sets, about half an hour.
4) Bring the mould out and pour the pineapple jelly in the mould to make another layer, chill in the fridge again for another half an hour.
5) Keep doing multiple layers this way. Or you can do only two layers and serve.